Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2001 18:31:22 +1000
From:      Karun <karun@dambiec.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL on Freebsd

Cliff Sarginson wrote:

>Hello,
>Soon I will be getting an ADSL connection to my ISP.
>I run a small network with a mix of Linux and FreeBSD machines.
>It is pretty much up to me which one of them I use as the ADSL
>connection machine.
>My question is how well is ADSL supported on FreeBSD ?
>Any clues or tips or RTFM welcome.
>
>Thanks
>Cliff

I'm using ppoe on freebsd for my adsl connection, and I haven't had any
problems yet.
I have NAT setup for my adsl connection, and a firewall. To find out how
to configure PPOE just read part of the handbook.
It's relatively easy to configure. It only took me 4 mins to configure
pppoe and nat.

Karun Dambiec