Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:51:10 -0400
From:      Jared Mauch <jared@puck.nether.net>
To:        Joao Paulo Campello <john@neoplanos.com.br>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hosts.deny/allow & ICMP Attacks

On Sun, Aug 16, 1998 at 09:09:52PM -0300, Joao Paulo Campello wrote:
> 	Does anybody here know if there's any way to break hosts.deny/allow
> protection in BSD or even Linux Systems?

	Search the bugtraq archives, find out if you have the
latest tcp_wrapper

> 	So how can I filter in the router level, and be sure the PINGs will not
> fill my incoming link?

	If your FreeBSD machine is your router, use IPFW.  If not,
contact your router vendor, Cisco, Bay, Lucent, whomever.  We can't help
you with your routers.

	(I'm sure that there are some people here that could, but you
need to learn how to contact your router vendor, or a user-group
that can help you with these types of things).

	- jared