Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:24:28 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dump scsi/medium errors

Wondering if anyone can decode the following dump error, or even
better point me to a file or webpage that has a listing of them.
(thought I had a scsi sense-code reference here but can't find it)

(sa0:ahc0:0:3:0): WRITE(06). CDB: a 0 0 28 0 0
(sa0:ahc0:0:3:0): MEDIUM ERROR info:14000 asc:c,0
(sa0:ahc0:0:3:0): Write error
   DUMP: write error 8090 blocks into volume 1

Here's the command line:
	# dump -0u -a -f /dev/sa0 /usr

I'm not sure if this is because I need to use different parameters to
invoke dump for this drive (HP 1533a DDS-2) or it just means a tape
or head problem. (there is a possibility this drive is bad, it was
giving periodic errors on the last system that used it)

Thanks,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium