Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:11:35 -0800
From:      Bill <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   USB and gphoto ? which port ?

Hello Family,
    I'm a little lost on the USB stuff for this is my first experience
using it and it applies to a new digital camera and the program gphoto.
With two USB ports I have a 4 port hub plugged into one, and the camera
directly plugged into the other.

<dmesg_outupt>

ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
uhci0: <Intel 82801AA (ICH) USB controller> port 0xe000-0xe01f irq 10 at
device 31.2 on pci0
usb0: <Intel 82801AA (ICH) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: port 1 power on failed, IOERROR
uhub0: port 2 power on failed, IOERROR
uhub1: Kawatsu Semiconductor, Inc. MiniHub 4000P, class 9/0, rev
1.10/1.00, addr 2
uhub1: 4 ports with 4 removable, bus powered
umass0: HP USB DIGITAL CAMERA, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 3
fdc0: <NEC 72065B or clone> at port 0x3f0-0x3f5,0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on
isa0

</dmesg_outupt>

The camera is at the following:

[umass0: HP USB DIGITAL CAMERA, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 3]

and I'd like to know how to direct gphoto to that address ? There is the
standard field in gphoto that asks for the "port", there are the
standard COM-1 through COM-4 options then there is a special "other"
field and that's where I'm attempting to direct the connection.

I've emailed all the links at the gphoto site and received nothing back.
:(

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076