Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:00:56 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A20/keybord/no-keyboard

(sorry if this a resend, it seems there was a problem at hub.freebsd.org)=

> The console driver (sc) currently requires you to have at least one
> keyboard driver compiled in.  Since your board doesn't have a display
> adapter, you can simply remove 'device sc'.
> =

the kbd.c was getting compiled in, and complained, but i think that's
taken care of.
I solved it by adding hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=3D"1".

As I wrote before, 'it would be nice', if such fantom devices could
be detected at boot time, so the same fs/root/kernel could work on
'similar' platforms out-of-the-box. with the kbd, i found where it was lo=
oping,
in 'atkbdc.c: empty_both_buffers', but got lost trying to figure out how
to get out of it (specialy since there is no kbd/buffer :-).

danny