Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2001 04:21:44 -0700
From:      Jim Krenz <unixverse@mac.com>
To:        William Wong <willwong@samurai.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BBS / Message Board / Forum

on 6/1/01 6:11 PM, William Wong at willwong@samurai.com wrote:

> The features I'm looking for are:
> 1. Threaded and Flat views (easily switchable like on freebsddiary)
> 2. Login/Regisration support

wwwThreads would be your answer, except that it is commercial. It is
available in Perl or PHP flavors and works off of a MySQL db. It has more
useful features than any other forum software that I've personally seen. It
is constantly being improved. And it is fast on a good server. Only downside
is the price.

You should take a look at it in any case, as it is so dam good, you may want
to buy it. There is a limited demo that you can download and install that
may suit your purposes.

http://www.wwwthreads.com/

I've been using it for three years and I love it.

Jim