Date:      11 Oct 2002 16:16:57 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems getting an ICH soundcard working under 4.7

I have a friend installing FreeBSD for the first time on his HP Pavilion
7800 with integrated ICH soundcard.  The card is supported by the
snd_ich module, however, it fails to detect the card at boot.  dmesg
reports the card as:

chip1: <Intel 82801AA (ICH) AC'97 Audio Controller> port
0x1300-0x133f,0x1200-0x12ff irq 0 at device 31.5 on pci0

Note the irq 0.  I've done everything I can to enable the soundcard and
disable plug'n'play in the BIOS.  Nothing works.  I have a feeling
that's why the card isn't detected.  Here is the pciconf info:

chip1@pci0:31:5:	class=0x040100 card=0x56438086 chip=0x24158086 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    device   = '82801AA 8xx Chipset AC'97 Audio Controller'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = audio

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

Joe