Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 07:21:41 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS server reccomendations...

Hello,

As the SMP architecture of 4.x is a bit simplistic : only one processor
can run the kernel at any one time, there is NO gain using an SMP
machine for I/O (disk or network)

Thus, an SMP machine may not be the best choice for an NFS server
(exchanging one processor for even more RAM is a better bet).

	TfH