Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 03:04:17 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        Joshua Peck Macdonald <jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   f77/g77

Now, to reply to your post.... :)

 * install it--it already has ada rules).  So fine, what I think
 * could be done rather easily and I'd be willing to help after finals
 * is patch up gcc.c a little, remove /usr/bin/f2c and /usr/bin/f77 from
 * the source tree and make a port of them.  I don't know if anything
 * needs libf2c in the core distribution, does anything?  The ports that

Yes, I think that's a good idea, of course I need to ask "core" and
the other maintainers about this first but in general I'm in favor of
pulling out non-essential components into ports.

Well, for f77 and g77, we have a problem of both eating .f files so as
you said, I guess we'd just install the driver in /usr/local/bin and
the compilers in /usr/local/libexec as we are doing now.

For gnat, it might help if we can make the system gcc.c look into
/usr/local/libexec as well as /usr/libexec, right?  Or maybe it's
better if we install a shell script in /usr/local/bin that calls the
system gcc with the correct arguments ("-B/usr/local/libexec"?), does
it need to look into libraries and stuff in /usr/local as well?

Satoshi