Date:      Tue, 5 Apr 2011 01:26:59 -0400
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Subject:   Re: 7-STABLE NFS: fatal: "select lock: Permission denied"

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 06:44:21PM -0700, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> If you can, anyway-- but maildir is becoming more commonly used with the growing popularity of Cyrus and Dovecot compared with UWash IMAP (which did mbox and mbx).

Avoid UWash IMAP like the plague is my suggestion.  It has locking issues
even on local disk.  (e.g. one client opens folder read-only, another client
opens read-write, it is really easy to get complete garbage on the read-only
session if the read-write client deletes a message).  I've seen this happen.

Regards,

Gary