Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:35:02 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        bright@hotjobs.com, zach@gaffaneys.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Subject:   Re: bitten 3 times already.

> Dumps and LBA mode should't be mixed, since the dump routine doesn't
> support LBA mode and it uses CHS mode with nominal geometry if LBA mode

Why is this so?  I don't see why it shouldn't use LBA, too if LBA is
on for the drive.  That it doesn't support that now seems pretty easy
to fix to me.  Just change the way it calculates the numbers and that's
it as far as I can see from my docs and what wd does.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.