Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 00:34:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Don't hit..

As Sean Kelly wrote:

>     J"org> Ah!  You mean the time while the kernel is read off the
>     J"org> floppy! That's about the longest period of time the
>     J"org> installation seems to take lately. :-)
>
> Okay, now you're just being mean!
>
> (Mommy, PPP's too slow.  Can I have multiple T3's? :-)

The above was off a CDROM in a well-equipped SCSI box, of course. ;)
(Seriously, the quickest way to remove the BSD bootstrap again was to
re-install the bindist, and ``dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rsd0
count=100''.  Installing the bindist took less time than finding some
messy dos floppy that could do this. :)

--
cheers, J"org