Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:48:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
To:        David <habeeb@cfl.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, riki@maiser.unila.ac.id
Subject:   Re: local exploit

David @ Serpant Technologies:

Please, learn to be polite and less snobby. Not everybody
speaks your native language well, but do you speak other people's
native languages at all ?
Despite being written in broken English, the text is clear enough,
and if you don't understand, it might be you who needs to learn English.

Yai:
Yes, chpass in FreeBSD-3.4  is vulnerable.
You can find the description of the vulnerability at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-00%3A58.chpass.asc

It was corrected as of:
Corrected:      2000/07/20 (FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE)
                2000/10/04 (FreeBSD 3.5.1-STABLE)

Security advisories for other vulnerabilities can be found at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/

Hope, that helps.

Igor