Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:38:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        ntusnet@yahoo.com (David Ouyang)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Question FreeBSD.ORG)
Subject:   Re: Can't boot from CDROM after install 4.7

> How do I set first boot to CDROM instead of da0
> (the bios first boot is CDROM).

That is normally done in your BIOS setup.
Boot the machine and hit whichever keys it says to get in to setup.
You will find somewhere in that stuff an item for boot sequence.
You can then set the order.
Best is probably:
                 1) Floppy Disk if you have it
                 2) CD
                 3) DVD if you have it
                 4) Hard Disk

It will then boot from the first device that has media in it and
skip over ones that have nothing in the device.

Each vendor is just a little different about how to get in to
the BIOS setup, but it is usually something like hitting an F2 or F10
or a DELETE key.  Usually it has a message on the screen that tells
but some machines can be configured to not display that message.  Also,
some machine require removing a jumper/key on the motherboard to enable
making changes to the BIOS.  So, you will just have to check to see
which yours does.  But, once you get that, making the change is easy.
Just follow the on-screen instructions to set and reorder and quit/save
the settings.

////jerry