Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 12:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      damon blom <damon@lanset.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   increase DOS size

   Hi,
     I have release 4.1 FreeBSD on a pentium III. I just installed a 2 nd
hard drive and used the cheat sheet to add it as a dedicated freebsd drive
(32 MB /varx 10 MB /backup).
    wd0 (10 MB Maxtor):
       wd0s1       none   2565 MB   DOS
       wd0s2a      none    100 MB   /
       wd0s2f      none   2200 MB   /usr
       wd0s2g      none      4 MB   /proc
       wd0s2e      none   5200 MB   /var
    wd1 (45 MB Western Digital)
       wd1s1b      swap    128 MB
       wd1s1e            32000 MB   /varx
       wd1s1f            10806 MB   /backup
    I want to make DOS bigger. How do I create a DOS extented partition?
I thought I could move /var from disk 0 to disk 1 and use that slice (5200
MB) for a DOS extended partition but I don't think so.
    I can think of 3 options now:
      1. All of DOS on disk0 & FreeBSD on disk 1: Have no idea how to.
      2. Copy entire disk 0 to disk 1
            use provided floppy to copy DOS and make disk 1 master
            can I use DOS to copy my FreeBSD from disk 0 to disk 1?
      3. Leave it as it is.
           backup /var to /backup
           delete /var from disk 0   (Perhaps unmount it don't know)
           create slice /var on disk 1
           restore /var to disk 1

       -Damon