Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:39:24 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changes to /etc/rc and /etc/rc.d/localpkg

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

[Sorry for the very late response, I forgot about this while dealing
with my backlog from vacation.]

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 09:13:44AM +0200, Florent Thoumie wrote:
> 	Not sure why but I don't find freebsd-rc archives on=20
> 	docs.freebsd.org :=20
>=20
> 	(http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2005/freebsd-rc/)
>=20
> 	I read this thread about possible future changes to rc and=20
> 	localpkg. I'd like to know if it'll be in HEAD before RELENG_6=20
> 	and RELENG_6_0 are created.
>=20
> 	Would be interesting to adjust USE_RC_SUBR and USE_RCORDER=20
> 	behavior in bsd.port.mk soon (at least prepare patches).

I'd really like to see this happen, but the changes seem to have fallen
by the wayside.  We could probably still manage basic updates to
localpkg before 6.0-RELEASE, but someone would have to step up and do
it.

-- Brooks

--=20

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l