Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:29:17 EDT
From:      "gerald stoller" <gerald_stoller@hotmail.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GNU's  gdb

    I used  gdb  several times (successfully), but each time that I try it
on the  Korn-shell  and give the shell a pipelined command (with a few
built-in commands, e.g.
   print  'qwertyui'  |  cat  -
) and I place a break at  c_print  (even without this break, if I recall
correctly), I get a core-dump from  gdb  and it never stops at the
breakpoint.  Where can I find documentation on  gdb  so I can check on
restraints in its use?  I hope the  GNU  people take a look at this and fix
it if there is something wrong.
      Please respond to me directly because it's hard to go through the
bulk-mail that I get from this group.