Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2003 01:05:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      William Michael Grim <wgrim@siue.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Patch] : adduser - new functionality

---559023410-851401618-1072508738=:8146

Hey there!

I have included a patch to adduser that allows a user to change the
permissions with which adduser sets a new home directory.  I made this
change because I ALWAYS forget to set up a default permission since most
variants of Unix already set it to 0751 for me.

I also included a diff of the man page for adduser that gives some
information about the change.

I tried testing this in as many possible ways as I could.  I'd like to
think I did a good job, but only time can tell.

Should I send this patch somewhere else or not?

William Michael Grim
Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
Unix Network Administrator, SIUE, Computer Science dept.
Phone: (217) 341-6552
Email: wgrim@siue.edu

---559023410-851401618-1072508738=:8146
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---559023410-851401618-1072508738=:8146

NDhkNDcNCjwgLk9wIEZsIG8gQXIgbW9kZQ0KMTE3LDEyMWQxMTUNCjwgLkl0
IG1vZGUNCjwgWW91IG1heSBvbmx5IHVzZSBhYnNvbHV0ZSBvciBzeW1ib2xp
YyBtb2RlcyBmb3IgaG9tZSBkaXJlY3RvcnkNCjwgcGVybWlzc2lvbnM7IHNl
ZQ0KPCAuWHIgY2htb2QgMQ0KPCBmb3IgbW9yZSBpbmZvcm1hdGlvbi4NCjI4
NSwyODhkMjc4DQo8IC5JdCBGbCBvIEFyIG1vZGUNCjwgU2V0IHRoZSBkZWZh
dWx0IHBlcm1pc3Npb25zIG9mIGEgbmV3IGhvbWUgZGlyZWN0b3J5IHVzaW5n
IG1vZGVzDQo8IHNwZWNpZmllZCBpbg0KPCAuWHIgY2htb2QgMSAuDQo=
---559023410-851401618-1072508738=:8146--