Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 13:31:17 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ports problem

Chip wrote:

> I just installed 4.0 on another machine and then first thing I
> did
> was cvsup the port-supfile. Now I go into the ports and every
> directory
> has just one file - README.html.
> The cvsup finished with the message that it finished
> successfully, but
> it sure don't look like it did. What to do now?

Well, it sure doesn't sound like you did it right either. The question
is what did you do wrong. The active part of my cvsup file for the
ports is the following:

*default host=cvsup8.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
ports-all

This works for me. The ports-all also keeps the make files up todate.
There is only a head version of the ports and that is why the "tag=."
is there.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart