Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:56:01 -0700
From:      Mark <mw@lanfear.com>
To:        "DaleCo, S.P.---'the solutions people'" <daleco@daleco.biz>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NFS rules for ipfw

It's been remarkably non trivial to find out what ports NFS is using.  A
search through a few NFS and TCP programming books here have yielded little,
as has google.

However,  I did do a tcpdump on the failed connect, and there was activity on
the sunrpc port, and then 713, 714, and 1023 (all UDP).

I'll fiddle with more ipfw rules and see what i can't come up with.  My
relative beginner's status with firewalls becomes apparent rapidly ....

Thanks,
Mark.