Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:33:48 +0100
From:      TooManySecrets <toomany@toomany.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pci problem with laptop

Hi!

First, I will apologize about my bad english... sorry.

I've got an Acer Aspire 1605. NetBSD, OpenBSD and GNU/Linux run very
well, and I can use the ethernet without any problem (a realtek 8139).
But with FreeBSD 5.3 (also 4.11), I cannot use this.
The load operation system run well, but is imposible to see the
ethernet. I try with all boot options (with or without acpi, save mode,
etc), but without any result.

Here is it one post of this question in freebsd-current the last year:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2004-August/033350.html

And here another, when I was initiated the first thread about this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2004-April/026539.html

Please, you can consider me a stupid, but I need to run FreeBSD in this
laptop; I'm not confortable with GNU/Linux, and I think if netbsd,
openbsd or GNU/linux are capables to run in this hardware, FreeBSD also.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

--
Have a nice day  ;-)               "@'/ ,. \'@"