Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@elite.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GDB remote problem: SOLVED

I hacked around with it for a while and found that the serial port always
worked fine for running a getty but failed for the kernel gdb.  I suspect
this is because the getty did more configuration of the sio port while
the kernel just bit-bashed.

The solution was to turn off "plug and play OS" in the BIOS.  This caused
the BIOS to do enough pre-configuration that everything worked.  Now I'm
debugging at 115200.

-Nate