Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:08:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Volker Nebel <vnebel@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Epiphany with Java?

Hi everybody!

On my macmini there is FreeBSD 10 running, and I want to use Epiphany as
my web browser. With Java. First I tried installing port java/icedtea-web,
until I noticed, this downloads firefox, and this is not the browser I
want to use. So I installed java/openjdk7.
    Is this sufficient? How do I find out whether java is working with
epiphany? There is a test page: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
and this tells me: "We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed
and enabled in your browser."
    In my browser settings I do have allowed Popup windows, activated
Plugins and JavaScript. I do not have a firewall. So there is nothing that
should prevent Java from working. But perhaps I need some other package or
what???

Hoping for your help,
Volker