Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:33:38 +0100
From:      Martin Schweizer <pcservi@spectraweb.ch>
To:        Thor Legvold <tlegvold@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network setup questions

Hello Thor

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:20:54AM +0000 Thor Legvold wrote:
> Well, I've asked 3 or 4 times now in the last 3 weeks, and haven't received
> any answers. Posted to comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc and to both questions- and
> net@freebsd.org.
>
> That leads me to conclude that either I'm: asking the wrong question(s),
> asking in an improper manner or asking the wrong people/wrong group.
>
> I *have* searched Deja, I *have* read the docs and attempted to get this to
> work - I really don't know where else I could be looking or asking for more
> information. If my question was worded poorly or inappropiate, I would
> appreciate a pointer as to where/how/who I might contact in order to get my
> system up and configured properly.
>
> Again, I'm trying to log into an ISP via PPTP for internet access, using
> mpd-netgraph but also trying out pptpclient. I have a small home LAN that I
> want to NAT/IPFW such that all machines can share the internet connection.
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.4-Stable.

I'm using a PPP connection to my ISP. My LAN has a hub, a Win2k workstation, a
Win95 workstation and a FreeBSD 4.4 server (and workstation) with IPFW (my
rules works fine), gatway function, dial-up (ISDN), DHCP etc. Do you test it
without PPTP? If I can I will help you.

--
Regards

Martin
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch