Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:06:57 -0400
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Charity spam (was: Re: A Little Cancer Patient need Your Attention)

On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 06:04:32PM -0500, Jaime Bozza wrote:

[moved to -chat for our own good]

> Not only does this have NOTHING to do with FreeBSD, it is a fraud, and if
> you took some time to READ the message, you would realize that.  The
> website above is an excellent place to check up on things like this.

This reminds me of  Craig Shergold and his attempt to get into the Guinness
Book of World Records (for "Most number of greeting cards received") a few
years back. Messages went about everywhere saying that he was dying of
inoperable brain cancer, and wanted that as his last wish, so send him
cards--even after he broke the record AND had his cancer go into remission
after being treated here in the States by the University of Virginia. (he
was from England).

--
Lee C. -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet #watertower)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did