Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:56:29 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Eric Lam <cybercriminal@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: parallel port i/o hogs cpu badly; is this normal?

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:49:40PM -0800, Eric Lam wrote:
>It's normal.  For example, in Windows, when I use my parallel port scanner
>of zip drive, my mouse jumps around the screen, and my keyboard typing lags
>for 10 seconds.

Umm, Eric, you used the word "normal" in the context of Windows. There is
absolutely nothing "normal" about Windows. :)

Windows does have *expected* behavior. However, almost universally, if a
computer running a multi-user OS exhibited the behavior that is expected of
Windows, it would be considered to be malfunctioning quite severely.

--
Alan Eldridge
#include <cstdlib>