Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:20:22 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>, "Vanilla I. Shu" <vanilla@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: USE_GTK and USE_GNOME

Jeremy Lea wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Within the next week (before the tree is completely changed) I would
> like to get my USE_GTK and USE_GNOME patches into place (see
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~reg/).  I'm currently finnishing up test
> builds (of all 300+ ports), and I'm going to start committing some

In general looks fine, however I would like to have a possibility for a more
fine-grained selection of main GNOME components (libs, core, controlcenter,
audio, print etc, something like USE_GNOMELIBS, USE_GNOMECORE, USE_GNOMEAUDIO
etc). Also it would be nice to include common configure/Makefile.in regex hacks
into bsd.gnome.mk, so it will be invoked automatically when USE_GNOME and
GNU_CONFIGURE are defined (my experience suggests that those hacks are
applicable in 90% of cases, for remaining 10% you can introduce NO_GNOMEHACK).

-Maxim