Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:39:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org>
To:        Jeremy Prior <jez@netcraft.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Webmaster <webmaster@netcraft.com>
Subject:   Re: Netcraft no longer sees FreeBSD ... ?

On 7 Sep 2002, at 14:16 [=GMT+0100], Jeremy Prior wrote:

> We've not looked in detail as to why FreeBSD-4.6+ systems are coming up
> as unknown (not all of them are), but as we run FreeBSD here, it's a
> fairly safe bet that FreeBSD determination will continue into the
> foreseeable future...
>
> (PS, if anyone knows what changes there are in the 4.6+ networking code,
> please let us know - it'd definitely speed up getting this fixed...)

I am guessing it is some change in stable between the dates below, as
the first is shown as FreeBSD, and the second as 'unknown'. Neither
has any relevant tweaking.

Shown as 'FreeBSD': FreeBSD [hostname] 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
#9: Thu Aug 1 23:13:52 CEST 2002

Shown as 'unknown': FreeBSD [hostname] 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
#12: Mon Sep 2 21:49:45 CEST 2002