Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:15:10 +1000
From:      "Chris Knight" <chris@aims.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Current in Production

Howdy,

I'd just like to thank the FreeBSD team for an outstanding job.
I've got a FreeBSD-current system in production running an Intranet that has
just exceeded one year's uptime. Admittedly, the snapshot I built was
30/10/2000, but it does go to show that current can indeed be used for
production systems. The system only ever had one reboot and that was when
the installation was migrated to a new box.
For those that are interested, the Intranet uses Apache, PHP, Firebird and
OpenLDAP for various Web-based management applications/tasks.
Again, thanks to everyone responsible for providing a reliable and
dependable distribution, even when it's considered unstable and for
development purposes only.

Regards,
Chris Knight
Systems Administrator
AIMS Independent Computer Professionals
Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
Web: http://www.aims.com.au