Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:54:36 +0200
From:      F.Xavier Noria <fxn@retemail.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /var full, what to do?

Trying to install a package I got lots of messages like this:

   /var: write failed, file system is full
   tar: couldn't write to file lib/linux-netscape6/components/libmsgimap.so : No space left on device

The FreeBSD slice of the disk it's 2G and the output of df -m once pkg_add
finished was

   Filesystem  1M-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
   /dev/ad0s2a        96       30       58    34%    /
   /dev/ad0s2f      1770      731      897    45%    /usr
   /dev/ad0s2e        19        4       13    23%    /var
   procfs              0        0        0   100%    /proc

Was the installation trying to write a library under /var? Could I do
something to fix that or should I need to modify the sizes of the
partitions?

Best regards from Barcelona,

-- fxn