Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 15:07:10 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Apache error ?!

On 2002-06-08 11:43:36, Syndicate <Syndicate@linux.be> wrote:

[...]

> I'm running Apache/1.3.24 (Unix) PHP/4.2.0 and I also ran the latest version
> of PHP but changed because i tought that was the problem .. Same problem :-(
> U can find the source code here : http://users.pandora.be/wout/php.txt and the
> file running on a LinuxBox here : http://virtual.rootbash.be/test.php .
> I got it on a FreeBSD box : http://xirius.ath.cx:8080/syndicate/login.php .
> All the same files with login/pass : admin/abc123 .

Recent versions of PHP set register_globals off by default in php.ini.  The
$PHP_AUTH_USER and $PHP_AUTH_PW variables simply don't exist.  Use
$_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_USER"] and $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_PW"] respectively, instead.

I recommend you switch the register_globals off on the Linux machines too.
Superglobals are more secure, and give you more control over what your users
are pumping into your scripts.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps