Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 00:05:39 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't mount /

Made a mistake in /etc/fstab.  Thought I could boot single-user and
fix it, but I can't mount / read-write because it claims the root
device isn't found?

> Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
> #adjkerntz -i
>
> # mount -u -o rw /
> mount: da0s2a: No such file or directory
>
> # mount
> da0s2a on / (ufs, local, read-only)
>
> # mount -u /dev/da0s2a
> mount: not currently mounted /dev/da0s2a
> #

Tried to boot with the fixit CD, same problem!

This is making my brain hurt..

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium