Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:35:36 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        zer0byte <zer0byte@linuxfreemail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tech question

zer0byte <zer0byte@linuxfreemail.com> types:
> hello
> i'm just wondering..
> i bought  the  powerpack version of freebsd 4.0 and the 4cd set freebsd
> 4.2 Release
> and i need help...
> i have two hard drive both set in master (2 cds set as slave)
>
> and i would like to know how to dual boot from  windows and freebsd..
> i install freebsd on my second harddrive and it wont boot..
> i need to know how  to set this up..

After you get FreeBSD booted once (playing with your BIOS, booting
from the CD or floppy or whatever), use the boot0cfg command to
install the boot0 boot manager on the Windows disk. That should then
offer you a choice of booting Windows, or booting from the other
drive. If you've got boot0 installed on the FreeBSD disk, choosing the
other drive will let you boot FreeBSD or drive 0. If you don't like
making the second choice, use fdisk to install the standard boot
manager on the FreeBSD disk.

	<mike