Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:59:26 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Kirk Strauser" <kirk@strauser.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: High-quality printer advice needed

I can't help you with the color printing (I have no use for it myself and
I wouldn't trade my HP 4M+ Postscript & duplexer for any other printer) but
I can tell you that there are some very cheap hardware print servers out
there.
Ethernet connectivity is not the unreachable thing it once was.  For example
you can by a brand new Hawking PN7117 for $124 that is just a bit bigger than
a Centronix head and plugs into the printer parallel port and supports LPR
and is web manageable.

In my case for my own printer I picked up a HP JetDirect from Ebay for $50
that supports LPR and it works great.