Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 17:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike <mike@adept.org>
To:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3C589C PCMCIA

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> I have a few 589C cards as my "works with anything" card. They're fully
> supported by every FreeBSD version I've tried them with.

That's what I'd encountered with the 589D.

Now, on a CTX laptop under 4.0-RELEASE, I've tried (so far)...

Kernel with 'device ep'
Kernel with 'device ep0'
Kernel with 'device ep0 at isa? port? irq? iomen?'

A kernel with 'device ep0 at isa? port 0x280 ieq 10 iomem 0xd8000' is
building now.  Upon noticing the 589C is listed in
/etc/pccard.conf.sample, I assumed 'device ep' would be sufficient, and
all this info would be pulled from pccard.conf.sample by
pccard.  Obviouslly I'm overlooking something major here.

Do you have it working with pccard?  If so, did you modify the
pccard.conf.sample file in any way and what kernel option are you
using?

Thanks,
-mrh