Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:14:37 -0500
From:      Tom Trelvik <ttt@cwru.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recommended trouble ticketing system

(redirecting back to the list)

	I've not used specialized bug tracking software before, so I'm not sure
what kind of bug tracking specific features they might offer, but RT is,
as the name suggests, just a generic request tracking system, and I
don't see why it couldn't also be used for bug tracking.  Normal usage
typically involves a user sending an email to an RT address (of your
choice) to make a request (of any type).  RT then sends an email to a
list of people who are set to respond to that RT queue, one of them will
then respond and "take" (ownership of) the ticket and when done, change
the status to resolved (there are other allowable statuses, as well).
When necessary, multiple people can get involved with a given ticket,
and/or it can be redirected to someone else as needed.

Tom