Date:      Wed, 17 May 95 17:05:22 CDT
From:      Jim Babb <babb@sedhps01.mdc.com>
To:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        babkin@hq.icb.chel.su, rashid@haven.ios.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3c509B woes ( B models only!)

> >> Have you disabled "plug and play"?
> >>
> >There are *no* switches or jumpers on this card.
> >How do I disable "plug and play"?
> >
> With a 3c509 configuration diskette.  The latest disketts are availible
> from ftp.3com.com if you weren't given one with your system.

OK, that did it!  I'm now on the net.
But only after I changed the delay at line 213 of if_ep.c from 1000 to 10000,
(As was previously mentioned on this list).

I had to ftp the configuration program, since this system came pre-configured
to run DOS and Windows.  (and we didn't get any floppies).

I hope the delay gets fixed before 2.0.5 ships,  otherwise network installs
are quite a pain.

Would it be possible to turn "plug and play" mode off ourself when we detect
the card is in test mode?  It would sure make installations easier.

Jim