Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:43:22 -0600
From:      "Chuck Rock" <carock@epconline.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: All this SPAM...

The bottom line is unsolicited E-mail is SPAM, and not "everyone" hates it,
but the majority of people, I believe, do not want SPAM using their
bandwidth and taking their time.

I think that by joining this list, you know SPAM can be sent to you through
it, and if you don't want that to happen, then unsubscribe.

As a list administrator, you must decide whether or not closing it is in the
best interest of it's users and it's purpose.

As a user, you have control over the SPAM that comes to you from this list
by staying or going.

By talking about SPAM, this list has used up more time and bandwidth than
the original SPAM caused to begin with.

I think we should all ignore the SPAM, and wait for the administrators of
the lists and mail servers to make it stop.

My 2 cents.

Chuck Rock