Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:39:22 -0500
From:      Jeff Blaufuss <Jeff_Blaufuss@ndsu.nodak.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

I am having problems with my parallel port. When I boot up, I get this
message:

ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

I have this in my kernel config file (it is from the GENERIC config)

# Parallel port
device 	ppc0 at isa? irq 7
device 	ppbus	# Prallel port bus (required)
device 	lpt	# Printer
#device	plip	# TCP/IP over parallel
device 	ppi	# Parallel port interface device
#device	vpo	# Requires scbus and da

What should I do to fix this? I am running FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE on an IBM
Intellisation Z Pro 6899-12U (200Mhz PPRO, 64MB RAM, 4.3GB SCSI HD)