Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:50:39 -0600
From:      Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   slow sendmail starting on a lan

Here I am running into is this... sendmail is taking for ever to start
on a box. My main server has no problem, but this box takes a long
time starting sendmail.

Here are the related config files and ect for the box it is slow on.
The only difference is a this one has a few less services enabled on
it than server and the server has actual nameservers configured. This
box uses a dns proxy/cache on the server for dns.

Any ideas?

/etc/hosts
::1			localhost localhost.
127.0.0.1		localhost localhost.

/etc/nsswitch.conf
group: nis files
hosts: nis files dns
networks: files
passwd: nis [unavail=continue] files
shells: nis files

ypcat of hosts
192.168.0.3             fennec fennec.
192.168.0.2             vixen42 vixen42.

/etc/resolve.conf
nameserver	192.168.0.2

/etc/rc.conf
defaultrouter="192.168.0.1"
hostname="fennec"
ifconfig_xl0="inet 192.168.0.3  netmask 255.255.255.0"
inetd_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
nfs_client_enable="YES"