Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 1994 18:29:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
Cc:        faulkner@devnull.mpd.tandem.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, install@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: It's time to release..  The worms!  Hahahahaha!

> Could check for the existence of /usr/bin, if not there, mount /usr.  Still
> I would have thought you would have needed to start the network, first!
>
> Boyd

You're right, I was thinking of totally-diskless (which I happen to be
working on, as we speak).

By the way, someone pass the funny looking hat, I used Sun tar to extract
the bindist on my SunOS box, and it dropped all the character special
devices - I ended up with all sorts of 0-byte reg files all over /dev.
Thing is, I didn't notice for quite a while...  :-)  Was quite interesting,
as I could _see_ that it was getting into init, but it was just hanging..

... Joe

Joe Greco - The Data Capture Fellow (and UNIX/Network Hacker)      414/362-3617
Marquette Electronics, Inc. - Milwaukee, WI        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com