Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:41:06 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Need a box, and your experience.

I think I still have a copy of the dealer price quote I got in '95 when I
was building a 486DX2-66 server.  I wanted 16MB, and the dealer laughed in
my face. (This was right after Taiwan exploded).  RAM was going for $250 per
4MB stick -- the 30 pin kind!  I kinda paled at the thought of paying $1000
for 16MB, and held off for a few months until prices became more
"reasonable".

--
Matt

> Still though,
>
> Back in 1996 when I purchased a whopping 32MB for my IBM 486DX33 it
> was $250. Now I can get the good stuff from Crucial for my A7V
> http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=CT32M64S4D7E
> for $95. And only 3 months ago it was $150. Free Shipping too!
>
> -Neill
>
> Saturday, March 24, 2001, 11:22:55 AM, Andrew Hornback wrote:
> ACH>         And as for memory being cheap, as I found out yesterday when
I ordered