Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:08:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        karl@mcs.com (Karl Denninger, MCSNet)
Cc:        p.richards@elsevier.co.uk, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, julian@current1.whistle.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: please comment on this:

> We have over 450 virtual servers running across 4 massively-hyped Pentia
> machines.
>
> On the other hand, there's all kinds of proprietary software extensions
> (including kernel stuff) that we have in here to support this, automated and
> semi-automated load-balancing, customer control of the virtual partitions,
> etc.

So...

You want to contribute some of that back so that subsequent FreeBSD
releases take your patches into account so that you won't have to
redo them over and over again each time you upgrade your version
of FreeBSD?

Seems like you could offload a large piece of your maintenance headache...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.