Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:08:50 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New additions to http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/

> Does this mean I can stop generating
> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/ports-prs.html ?

(blush) I have to admit that I don't recall ever having seen this
page, so on one hand I have probably stepped on your toes
and duplicated some work, but on the other hand my search
algorithm gets really, really, detailed on the category/portname
classification scheme (it's about at revision 3) so it may well
get better results.

But this is a situation where "more eyes are better" IMHO and
I'd say leave your page up and let's cross-ref the two with links.

I have ongoing work to make a database out of this stuff so
it's queriable via a cgi script.  Until that happens, and a bunch
of other people get to kick the stuff around and see what they
think, I consider everything I've done to be beta.

More on this when I can catch up with a couple of days' worth
of email ...

mcl