Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 11:34:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        NGNR41A@prodigy.com (MR GRAEME D SMART)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dns daemon

As MR GRAEME D SMART wrote:

> I'm working on setting up a domain name server for several school
> districts in Idaho--something I've never done before.  I have FreeBSD
> running on a PC but when I run the NAMED program--at least I think
> that's what it is; I'm new to UNIX--it can't find all of the files.

Except of that it's actually written in lowercase, yes, that's it.

The named configuration files are usually stored under /etc/namedb/ in
FreeBSD, and the default configuration starts named with the argument
``-b /etc/namedb/named.boot''.  Look into /etc/sysconfig on how to
enable the name server.

However, the ``missing files'' you are thinking of are your private
named configuration files.  You have to create them yourself, we
cannot do this for you.  I would recommend you O'Reilly ``DNS and
BIND'' for a good tutorial into BIND and name service.

--
cheers, J"org