Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:08:28 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, lkoeller@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suspicious SCSI or kernel buffer Problem.

>Hi experts,
>
>I'm using freebsd sincs years, and have never seen such a suspicious
>problem, detail see below:
>
>Any ideas, it seems it's an board induced problem .....

Since I don't have access to the system, can you answer these
questions?

1) When replacing the controller, what did you replace it with?

2) What are the markings on the aic7880 on the controller that fails?
What are the markings on the SCSI controller chip on the working adapter?

3) Does the corruption occur at a repeatable offset into the data?

4) Does the corruption stop after a certain amount of data has passed?

5) What is the cacheline size in the system?  You may need to instrument
the aic7xxx driver to determine this.  Grep around for cache in
sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_pci.c.

6) Is this current or -stable?  If -stable, have you tried this patch?
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/aic7xxx.stable.diffs

--
Justin