Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:05:05 -0500
From:      Michael <m.soutar@home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID & FreeBSD

I recently purchased a kt7a-raid abit mobo, stuck 2x 20gb ide drives on
it, raided them via bios ( raid 0 ), and tried to get freebsd working on
them.  Freebsd recognizes both drives as 20gb drives even though the
second is suppost to be hidden at this point, and it acts as if they are
seperate drives.  I've gone through my mobo manual, defcon1.org, and the
abit website, I found lots of information on how to get the mass
controller card functioning in 95/98/me/nt/2000, but absolutly nothing
on how to get it working with a 'real' OS ;)  Any ideas how I can get
freebsd to recognize my raid so that I can create the proper slices
during the install setup?

-- Mike