Date:      Fri, 07 Dec 2001 08:59:13 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   lucent winmodem on toshiba notebook.

Hi,
I have a Toshiba portege 3440. The internal modem is a <Lucent Winmodem>,
but unfortunately it seems not to work with the latest implementation of
the driver (v.0.6) based on the linux mod v.6.0. This is the latest version
of the driver, which can be found also on the port created recently by
Daniel o'Connor (usr/ports/comms/ltmdm).

The strange things is it works perfectly with the old driver (v.0.4 based
on the linux mod v.5.78).

Now I'd like to know if it is a problem of my configuration or is a problem
of the Toshiba brand :-)
So I am looking for any good souls that can report success or failure (and
eventually any kind on infos :-) with this module.

All the relevant info are:

http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/  the original home page of the driver by
WATANABE Kiyoshi

/usr/ports/comms/ltmdm (recently committed) for the port by Daniel o'Connor
for an easy way to install the latest driver

http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco/files/distfiles/lucent.tgz for the old driver
based on the v.0.4 and the linux mod 5.78

Thanks to everyone for the feedback that can give and in special way to mr.
WATANABE Kiyoshi for making this driver and to support kindly and with
patience all my stressing questions ....
Thanks again

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco