Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 05:29:33 -0500
From:      Joseph Kerian <jkerian@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Cards

On 6/26/05, Bob Bomar <bob@ibsd.us> wrote:
> I am looking to build a new file server.  I have used
> Promise cards exclusivly in the past, but I am looking
> at Highpoint cards for this machine.  Anybody have any
> opinions on RAID cards?

I've had no real trouble with the Highpoint 1540 SATA card. The
downloadable drivers work fine under 5.3, but the install/setup is a
bit strange.
The drivers are on a floppy disk image that you just mount. Included
in the tgz file is a pdf file that describes the installation
instructions (there is no text file with the equivelent information).

--Joe