Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:57:00 -0000
From:      "Sanchez-Beato, Alfonso" <Alfonso_Sanchez-Beato@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To:        "'K.J.Koster@kpn.com'" <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'ports@FreeBSD.org'" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: linux-jdk-1.2.2

Hello,
I have had some problems with the linux-jdk port. Whe I execute the "make"
command, there is no problem, but after
executing "make install" the following error appears:

/bin/rm /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/bin/.java_wrapper.orig
rm: /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/bin/.java_wrapper.orig: No such file or
directory

So, I cannot finish the installation. Anyway, after that the binaries are
installed in /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2, but then
appears a problem with the dynamic libraries. If I execute javac in its
directory, it works correctly (although it does not
found a file called /usr/bin/expr), but when I move to another directory and
execute it from there, it does not find
libjava.so. I have tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the directory in which
that library is found, but it does not
work.

Could you help me with these issues?

I am using FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE, and I am trying to install the new JDK 1.2
port for FreeBSD.

Thanks in advance
Alfonso